Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recent Days

After experiencing the most awful event of moving there is just one thing worse, un-packing. Ugh! Slowly Matt and I have been organizing things and getting rid of a ridiculous amount of boxes, it feels like home here.

After getting the apartment all set, I've been looking up fun things to do in Chicago (just wrote Madison and had to replace it with Chicago...) and met up with Emily for Tuesdays at the Terrace for some Jazz. It was pretty fun and then we got some secret exercise by walking to this bar/grill called I dubbed "Shipwrecked" because that sounds so much better than its real name. We then met up with Neha, went and saw Skerch, and finally I got home and looked up how much we walked which was 5 miles! My feet hurt so much today because I was wearing $1 Old Navy flip flops for that, and continued to wear flip flops. Oh well.

For today, Matt and I went to the Shedd Acquarium's 'Jazzing at the Shed' (two Jazz events in two days!) and was surprised that the cost of all access to the Shedd AND the Fantasea show was just $20! I'm learning cool Chicago things :)

Ended the night with fireworks-hope to see them again from Navy Pier. Now to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment