Monday, January 19, 2009

Copiers and Printers galore!

So it's been awhile-sorry to all my 'faithful'' readers out there! (PS to meg-thanks for the savage love tip-it's been hell with out it!)

But matt came down this weekend and it was AWESOME! Besides getting to see my bf and hang with him, it was just really awesome to be able to go out with someone in the city. Thursday he came down and we went to the art museum down the street! And all for free-thursdays from 5-8 are free, so we did a 'power aaaaaart' hour and ran around the place seeing all the cool art.

Then the next day I had to go into work at McDonalds (and no, there are not any fry machines...sadly) and it wasn't the best day-was kinda tired after 50 hours that week, and then had to deal with rush hour traffic in Chicago (also not fun) but Matt and I hung out that night and ate chinese-yay!

Then Saturday we went to the Shedd aquarium which was REALLY cool-and i got a discount because the oceanium isn't open till June, PLUS I'm a Chicago resident now ;)

Then we lazed about and went out to Gino's East Pizzaria and waiting outside in line...to wait INSIDE in a line. Finally we got in and wrote our names on the wall-everyone does it-I can't wait till Matt puts the pictures up -hint!

Sunday we went to some Jewish diner and I kept texting Brandon about the place! And the burgers were REALLY good. But then Matt left-sad!

But on the bright side, I'm with a new team this week and I really like this group-it's only the 3 of us, so it's nice to work close with people. However, what I've learned so far on this internship is that the most frustrating part of this internship is the COPIER/PRINTER! OMG! I feel like I"m in Office Space. There's 4 main printers on one floor and everyday at least one gets jammed and then everyone prints on one printer and then it's full...but I think that's it for today, back to the bachelor!

2 comments:

  1. Did you go to the McDonalds corporate center in Oak Brook? Thats across the street from my old office location, we are now like 5 miles west in Downers Grove. Did you go to Hamburger University?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Allie, I love how you refer to the Art Institute as the "art museum down the street."

    You're cute. Coming back to visit soon? I heard a rumor.

    ReplyDelete