Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Full Day

Hey all-I'm creating a blog so I can update everyone on my life without calling everyone in my phone-so read if you want!

I moved into the Chicago apartment yesterday-Craigslist worked EXTREMELY well finding a good sublet. We're in the South Loop a few blocks away from the El (I'm learning the lingo haha) and yesterday we looked around and discovered like 5 sandwich shops all within a few blocks. So I will never be short on Subway or Potbellies.

Also really nice is that we have a grocery store a few blocks away that's open 24/7. It was super weird getting some basic staples because the aisles were crazy skinny and there were so many people more. Eileen kept making fun of me saying 'this is the city not the suburbs'-pretty funny! Main differences so far- eggs are crazy expensive here! It was about $2.29 for 12 larges eggs. Also, I was really mad about this one, I could find no fresh green leaf or romaine lettuce-they only had the bagged salads, and only fresh iceberg. Very weird.

But after we all settled in (and I took a nap) we decided to hit up Chicago and downed about a whole bottle of wine. We decided not to go to far so we went to the Wabash tap-basically the equivalent of the Red Shed in my opinion. Only real choice was beer-they would make mixed drinks but not the type of bar for that. Was kinda disappointed that they only had one dart board and only one pool table, but they did have food! We had some nachoes!

Got back and woke up this morning really early because everything's still so new, and looked outside to see everything covered in fog! It was very weird, I couldn't see the buildings one-two blocks over it was so foggy. It just lifted during this post so that was very weird. We'll see how today turns out!

2 comments:

  1. What a great location! When Chris and I venture to the city next we will have to get together! We are in Downers Grove, if you ever want to come on out. Its about 25 mins on the train from Union Station (the BNSF) if you catch an express train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you took a nap. 's all I gots to say.

    ReplyDelete